As a Journalist at International Desi you will provide stories on NRIs interest. You will conduct yourself with the highest level of professionalism and demonstrate ethical behavior in all interactions with the public and the news staff. You need to be a creative, dynamic team player who will uphold the highest standards of journalistic integrity.
Responsibilities for Journalist
- Meet daily broadcast deadlines
- Research and submit story ideas at daily meetings
- Conduct unbiased and ethical reporting
- Represent the news channel in a professional manner
- Work collaboratively as part of the broadcast team
- Develop local sources for stories
- Write and revise news copy for broadcast under tight deadlines
- Travel throughout the local market to investigate and report on approved stories
Qualifications for Journalist
- 2+ experience on in a small market on a news program
- Familiar with AP style
- Comfortable in front of and behind the camera
- Willing to work in all weather conditions covering stories & conducting research
- Experience meeting daily deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Able to remain impartial while asking probing questions
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
Public Relations Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responds to requests for information from the media.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writes press releases and prepares information for the media to promote clients.
- Plans or directs the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaches client reps in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Analyzes the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Maintains the organization’s image and identity.
- Drafts speeches and schedules interviews.
- Prepares and edits organizational materials, including employee newsletters and other publications for internal and external audiences.
- Updates and maintains organization’s digital content.
- Collaborates with managers to identify trends and evaluate advertising to determine whether it is in sync with the organization’s public relation efforts.